Details from the official Matthews Alive website:
Friday Festival Hours: 6:00pm-10:00p
Shag dancing on the dance floor, and the best of Carolina Beach Music, on the Wells Fargo Main Stage! The Chairmen of the Board will bring high energy beach music fun on Friday night, September 1. Learn more.
Children’s games will open, and you can purchase an All-You-Can-Ride Wristband in the arniva! Learn more.
Check out the Exhibitors on Sponsor Row for special deals and promotions, and grab dinner from over 25 food vendor options!
Saturday Matthews Alive Hours:
- Main estival Hours: 9am-9pm
- Cultural Center Hours: 12pm Noo-6pm
- Arts & Crafts Hours: 9am-7:30pm
- Fire Station Open House: 12pm Noon-4pm
- The Parade begins at 10:30am – one of the largest Labor Day Parades in the Southeast! Learn more.
- To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, lighted foam wands will be given out Saturday night at the main stage for the headlining performance. We’re bringing TWO great entertainment acts to the stage on Saturday night. The Classic Rock Experience will rock the park with its 70s arena rock-tacular. The Purple Xperience headlines the evening, with an incredible tribute toPrince.
- Hendricks Auto Arts & Crafts Pavilion opens at 9am, with over 150 arts & crafts vendors. Learn more.
- The Woodforest Bank Cultural Center opens at 12pm. See the Quilt Show, Dreamweavers basket show, and much more. It’s also all indoors and air-conditioned! Learn more.
- Pop/Rock music on the main stage. and the Children’s Stage has fun acts all afternoon. Learn more.
Sunday Matthews Alive Hours:
- ain Festival Hours: 12pm Noon-9pm
- Cultural Center Hours: pm-6p
- Arts & Crafts Hours: 12pm Noon-7:30pm
- Fire Station Open House: 2pm-7pm
- Country music fills the Main Stage all day long, capped off with legendary country music headliner! Country music fans will love Sammy Kershaw,headlining Sunday night, September 3, when he brings his “Cadillac Style” to Matthews! Learn more.
- The Indoor Stage hosts our annual Songwriter Sunday. Learn more.
- Check out the petting zoo in the Whole Foods Kids’s Connection to the side of the Cultural Center! Learn more.
- Your kids will enjoy the pony rides, and Little Blue-Choo train rides in the Whole Foods Kid’s Connection! Learn more.
- Stop by Matthews Fire Station #1 during their open house, and cool off with their hourly spray mist!
Monday Matthews Alive Hours:
- Festival Hours: 9am-5pm
- Cultural Center Hours: 10am-5pm
- Arts & Crafts Hours: 9am-5pm
- Fire Station Open House: 11am-3pm
- Get your last bit of Summer fun in on the last day of the Festival! A mix of R&B, go-go, and dance/party bands will be our featured entertainers for the day. The main stage hosts Painted Man, Uptown Swagga, and The Next Level Band of Charlotte from 11:30am until 5pm.
- Listen to smooth Jazz all day on the Wells Fargo Main Stage. Learn more.
- Get your Holiday shopping done in the Hendricks Arts & Crafts Pavilion.
- Ride the rides you haven’t ridden yet! Learn more.
- Get that funnel cake while you still can!
- Check out the Matthews Artist Guild’s exhibit at the McDowell Arts Center.
- Stop in the Cultural Center to see the Carolina Voices take the stage!